Value your sweat more: it boosts performance in training and watches over the body’s health
1. Immediate control of internal temperature
During physical exercise , the heart pumps more blood in order to carry oxygen to the muscles being used – and this causes our internal temperature to increase. Hence comes the main function of perspiration: “Regulate our body temperature,” says Caio Lamunier de Abreu Camargo, dermatologist at the Brazilian Society of Dermatology. Sweat is how the body eliminates this concentrated heat to prevent fainting, heat shock, and kidney problems.
2. Protection of the organism
Sweating the top triggers a number of beneficial reactions to the body, such as the activation of a category of proteins that protects and protects the body against inflammation affecting the metabolism as a whole.
3. Guarantee more energy in training
It may sound strange, but a fit body begins to perspire early in the exercise. This is because the body of those who are accustomed to the active routine learn to regulate body temperature and keep it stable from the beginning of the effort, ensuring extra energy during the entire workout.
4. Shielding against infections
Sweat contains a natural antibiotic called dermicidin and therefore acts as a protective film capable of killing off a number of harmful micro-organisms with minimal contact, especially those who are walking around academies.
5. Combat cramps
Water accounts for 99% of sweat – the remaining 1% is usually salt, potassium, and carbohydrate. The more you perspire, the faster the body learns to eliminate the right amount of each substance to keep the body in balance. This is important with regard to cramp prevention , since the substances that make up the sweat act directly on the muscle contractions.
6. Improving self-esteem
Everyone who trains knows that physical change only comes with time and dedication. But sweating offers an immediate benefit: satisfaction. Looking at your image in the mirror with the dripping forehead is a sign that you are running (often literally) behind your goals – and it will only be a matter of time before you cross the finish line. “In addition, many people relate the sensation of pleasure from the hormones released during physical activity to sweat,” says Caio.traineeknows that physical change only comes with time and dedication.